Smoke detectors are great for saving lives, but what about your home if you’re not there? When you rely on complete Bakersfield fire alarm systems, you can save your life and your home from fires. This is possible with unique smoke detectors that can be tied into your home alarm system. The sooner a fire is responded to, the more likely the fire will be contained and cause less damage to the home. Fires can spread quickly (whether they are due to an unattended candle or an electrical issue).
- Home fires are the fifth leading unintentional cause of injury and death in the United States.
- Fires rank as the leading cause of death for children under the age of 15 at home.
- Roughly 80% of all fire deaths occur where people sleep (such as in homes, dormitories, or hotels).
- The majority of fatal fires occur during nighttime sleeping hours.
- Two out of every five fires that kill young children are started by children playing with fire.
- Every year, approximately 900 older adults die in fires. (Source: National Fire Protection Association)
Residential Bakersfield Fire Alarm Systems
Smoke detectors tied into a fire alarm system can ensure that the fire department will be notified if a smoke detector is set off. These special smoke detectors should be located in the bedrooms, hallways leading into bedrooms and living areas. The kitchen and garage should have heat detectors. We frequently get calls from people who have “chirping smoke detectors”. The smoke detectors tied into your fire alarm system will show a trouble light at the keypad.
How often do smoke detectors need to be replaced?
Smoke detectors do not last forever! Over time, smoke detectors lose their effectiveness, and they will not detect smoke. Because of this, they should be replaced every 10 years.
Smoke detectors can save you money
A professionally installed smoke detector fire alarm can qualify you for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance. For more information on how to add smoke detectors to your fire alarm system, contact Secure Systems today at 661-326-174. Or take a look at our other residential security solutions.